- The GARDEN IGLOO has a diameter of 11′ 9″. Height is 7′ 2″. Base area is 107 ft².
- These Igloos are the original Garden Igloo and NOT the substandard and cheaply made foreign copies. These units are manufactured using quality materials and superior manufacturing practices for years of durability and enjoyment.
- What is the wind resistance of Garden Igloo? Under proper conditions Garden Igloo withstands strong wind conditions (Beaufort scale 6 – approx. 31 mi/h.
- What is Garden Igloo’s snow load capacity? Garden Igloo can bear up to max. 90 lbs of snow. If the snow on the dome reaches 6″, you should remove it with a broom or similar tool in order to prevent damage to Garden Igloo.
- What is the UV/heat resistance of Garden Igloo? Garden Igloo’s structure is stable between temperatures ranging from -4°F to +140°F and withstands exposure to sunlight of up to UV index 5.
- How can I store the winter garden cover at the end of the season? First clean the cover from both inside and outside with a microfiber cloth. Then fold it properly from inside out. Put it in its box and store it at room temperature for the next season.
- Do they get hot in summer? Like a greenhouse, the temperature in the Gardenigloo will always be several degrees hotter than the external temperature; therefore it will get hot in summer. Keeping all the air vents open will help to reduce the heat inside. However, during sunny spring – summer days, when the outside temperature is above 50°F, the interior air temperature can rise to excessive heat levels (+140°F).
- Do they stay warm in winter? In winter, close the windows and the dome will heat up several degrees, especially when it is very cold but the sun is out. It is also ideal for cutting out the wind chill factor. It will require roughly 40 % less heating in winter than a standard greenhouse due to the geodesic shape. This is due to its low volume for its base area and the fact that its surface is always at right angles to the sun?s rays even in low winter sun, heating it up naturally.
- Do I need a solid base or foundations? Gardenigloo can be installed both on soft and hard surfaces. On hard surfaces like concrete, wood deck, etc., use the metal clamps with suitable screws. For softer grounds like soil, lawn, etc., use the provided base weight kit to fix your Gardenigloo to the ground.
There are no reviews yet.